I've got number of reports regarding issues with USB Drive on iOS 6.x devices. The most notable problem is an inability to use "Drive Only" mode, which is vital for the Windows users. Since USB Drive wasn't been updated for years I expect further issues, so use it carefully and backup your data!
Well, I'm going to update it, but I live in a tight schedule nowadays, sorry guys.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
hi, i am eagerly waiting for USB Drive 2.0, i would pay for it and i am sure many of the 7 million + envasi0n users would also! please update soon, thanks!
please usb drive 2.0!
Make USB drive 2! Please! The world needs you!
There are so many useful things that can be done with an iPhone as USB drive. I would love to see USB drive updated.
hello, could you please update this for IOS 6 users, because i downloaded the old version and it has now messed up my phone for some reason and will not connect to iTunes any more, thanks
Congrats fot the App, es excellent! Hope you have time to do the iOS 6 version!
hi i was wondering if anyone knew how to fix the previous mentioned issue of no longer being able to connect via itunes due to the installation of an old usb drive version
Will you please make USB Drive 2.0? I said please, so do it dad!
Plase update it! you're about the only one that provides this feature for the iPhone.. everybody in the jailbreak community depends on you!!! please update it we'll wait, take your time.. but please do it!!!
If you feel like you indefinitely don't have the time, why don't you just hand it over to saurik?? or any other guy who's willing to do it??
All you have to do is tell them the secrets of how you made USB Drive, and they'll take it from there. Simple.
PUT THIS ON GITHUB AND ILL PATCH IT
ps. u rule.
PUT THIS ON GITHUB AND ILL PATCH IT
ps. u rule.
Thank for you kind words, but unfortunately I'm unable to put source code to the github nor release it open source by legal reasons. But I am working on the project in my free time, so expect updates soon.
Thanks for the heads up and for your time doing this :)
Please update this! I'm sure I'm not the only one who's thrilled to try this for a newer OS!
Please make this ASAP! This thing is really useful to me :)
Just like evere other comment says, I'm waiting for you to do this.
I still have iOS 4 so I could use this!
PLEASE update to ios 6.1 :D
All the other apps do not work as well as USB Flash Drive does.
When will you update it?
Commone dude make ite!
i'm waiting for this tweak, it was so awesome
What the hell are you waiting for??? You said you'd update this and still nothing. The developer is a liar.
Cant sync with itunes now :/// anyone knows how to solve?
Hello, I'm Tag7s from some se7ensins and tag7s.tk. You guys need to calm down. This is a free app and he is not asking for money. He puts his "Free Time" into this and takes his time doing so. For all of you getting mad at him. Lets see you do this!! It's not so easy so shut up. Let him take the time to do this because it is free. He could make everyone purchase it instead....
I've found a workaround:
1. Uninstall USB Drive in Cydia
2. Search Cydia for roqyusb and install it, if it's not there google it for a repo.
3. Create a drive in roqyusb (trial only lets you make a 128mb one)
4. Turn mass storage mode in roqyusb on
5. Connect idevice to PC.
6. Go to device manager (Right click My Computer, Properties, Device Manager OR Control Panel, System, Device Manager)
7. Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers, right-click Apple USB Mobile Device Driver and choose Update Driver then Manually Install Driver, and choose the USB Mass Storage driver.
NOTE: It might timeout and the driver won't be installed. If this happens repeat step 7 again and this time pull the idevice cable out while the driver is installing. That will work.
8. Disconnect and reconnect idevice. If it's worked you should get a 128mb drive.
9. Disconnect idevice again, go into roqyusb, delete the drive and take it out of mass storage mode
10. Reinstall Usb Drive, set up your drive, run it in Drive + iTunes mode. Reconnect device.
Thats it. However you won't be able to sync to itunes anymore. To do that you need to go to device manager, find your 'USB Drive' and 'Update Drivers' back to the Apple Mobile ones.
^ Oh yeah I only tested this in Windows 7 64bit, iOS 6.1.
im able to use this on ios6.1 iphone4!
1. use drive and itunes as the setting on usbdrive
2. plug idevice and as usual the device will not see the drive. this is ok
3. go to device manager on pc control panel
4. find idevice and uninstall it
5. unplug and replug idevice and it should automatcally be recognized as a drive!
What are the legal reasons to not open source it? If it's just a small potion of code, can't you rewrite that (or just remove it for the open source repository so others can rewrite it) ?
Other than that: Great work! Just ignore the "I want it now!" kiddies and take your time.
Last a little feature request: Would it be possible to have the whole phone as a USB drive (or at least the media folder) or does that need to much low level work?
Post a Comment